What is a Knight at the Races?
A Knight at the Races is a fun and entertaining evening for adults. The evening is centered around 12 horse races with 10 horses in each race.
- Purchase a horse for a chance of winning a cash prize and/or place bets on your favorite horse to win a race.
- The horse races, which have been taped and narrated from start to finish, will be randomly selected and shown on the big screen.
Come cheer on your horse and bet on your friends’ horses.
Where and when is it being held?
Gates open at 5 p.m. with post time at 6:30 p.m.
How can I support the Knights in this effort?
- Come to the event with your family and friends for a fun evening of excitement and socializing. The cost of admission includes a hot and cold buffet, beverages (including beer and wine), and entertainment. You will also be able to place bets ($2/bet) on any of the 10 horse races and watch the horse races on the big screen.
- Become a horse owner for the chance of winning a cash prize. Horse owners do not need to be present to win.
- Have your business sponsor one of the 12 horse races.
The money raised from this event will go towards parish youth activities, vocation discernment support, and the many other activities of the STM Knights of Columbus council.
What is the cost of tickets to attend the event? How do I purchase tickets? What does admission include?
Please contact Tony Verna, email@example.com, 610-481-0031, for ticket purchases. Tickets can also be purchased from any member of the council.
- All admission tickets are advanced sale! Admission ticket sales are $20/person or $30/couple.
- Tables of 8 or more are $12.50 per person.
- Admission ticket includes hot and cold buffet, drinks including beer and wine and of course the ability to watch and bet on the races.
What is the cost of a horse, and how do I get one in a race?
Please contact Tony Verna at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-481-0031.
- A single horse entry is $25.
- Each race will have 10 horses in it.
- Cash prizes of $50, $30, and $20 will be given out to the owners of the top 3 horses in each race.
A horse owner has a 30% chance of winning a cash prize. Multiple horses can be purchased but doing so will not increase your chance of winning a cash prize.
PURCHASE A HORSE
I am interested in having my business sponsor a race. Who should I contact?
Please contact Tony Verna. Any one of the races can be sponsored by a business.
Sponsorship includes naming a given race after your business and having a business card sized ad placed on the bottom of your race sheet in the event program.
The cost of sponsorship is $50 per race.
What happens in the case of inclement weather?
If the weather is bad, the event will be canceled and refunds for ticket purchases will be given out.
Event status with respect to weather will be posted on our website (www.stmkofc.org) so please check for any updates.
Horse races will go on even if the event is canceled due to weather, and horse owners who won cash prizes will be notified. Refunds will not be given for horses purchased.